3.8 Integrated Health services/ Health Department
The Health sector aims at improving the Health status of the people in the district so as to lead a socially and economically productive life.
Specifically, we shall endeavor:
- To increase the coverage of supervised deliveries from 34% to 59%.
- To reduce malaria case fatality rate among children under 3years from 48% to 15%.
- To increase immunization coverage of all antigens by at least 5% and maintain DPT3
- Present health education talks once a month in every Sub County and Monthly radio talk shows, spot on sanitation, hygiene and good life styles.
- Improve communication with clients by strengthening health unit management committees and ensuring that all the committees are active.
- Reduce the patient waiting time from one hour to at least less than 30 minutes.
- Annually renovate] already existing health units to improvement functional.
- Provide and encourage voluntary counselling and Testing (VCT) in all health units to reduce HIV prevalence.
- Ensure that Health facilities to be open from 8.00 am to 5pm for out patients.
- coverage at 100%.
- To establish a rapid response team (RRT) at the district, HSDs and all sub counties/ town councils/municipal divisions.
- To build the capacity to respond to disease epidemics and disaster within 24 hours.
- To increase community awareness about common illnesses including non-communicable diseases and injuries by 35%.
- To orient 70% of health workers on management of sexually transmitted diseases, HIV/AIDS, Malaria and Tuberculosis.
- To increase latrine coverage from 87% to 100%
- To increase the percentage of villages with trained village health teams from 21% to 52%.
- To increase proportion of the population seeking health services according to the national standards from 0.89 to 1.65%.
- To have 80% functional facility management committees_